UNENE Mathematics and Modelling Refresher Course
August 16 & 17, 2014
This is a refresher mathematics and modelling course to get you ready for the UNENE courses. UNENE students come from a wide variety of science and engineering background and may have been away from academia for a number of years. Unused math skills fade quickly. This course is intended to get students up to speed quickly in key mathematical areas that commonly arise in this program. It is NOT intended for first-time learners.
THIS REFRESHER COURSE IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PREPARATION FOR THE UNENE JOINT MASTER'S OF ENGINEERING DEGREE COURSES
- Format: Two-day compressed workshop containing lectures and hands-on sessions.
- Prerequisite: Undergraduate degree in engineering or science.
- Lecturer: Wei-Chau XIE
- Date: – August 16 – 17, 2014 weekend, Saturday and Sunday
- Location: Whitby
- For students at remote locations, it is planned that this course will be offered as a live distance education course via Blackboard. You will need a high speed internet connection outside corporate firewalls, an inexpensive headset with microphone and, optionally, a webcam.
- Evaluation: An individual informal assessment and recommendation will be made and provided to the student.
- Your comments and suggestions are welcome.
Please note that not all of the materials in the Course Notes can be covered in a two-day refresher course. The Course Notes can be used for future reference. There are a great number of examples that can be used for self-study.
- Session 1 Saturday 9:00-10:15
- Session 2 Saturday 10:30-12:00
- Session 3 Saturday 1:00-2:30
- Session 4 Saturday 2:45-4:30
- Session 5 Sunday 9:00-10:15
- Session 6 Sunday 10:30-12:00
- Probability and Statistics
- Session 7 Sunday 1:00-2:30
- Session 8 Sunday 2:45-4:30
- Differential Equations