Mandate of the UNENE Educational Advisory Committee (EAC)
For EAC administrative matters see the Education Advisory Committee in the Member's Area
The Educational Advisory Committee (EAC) will consist of one member from each of the participating universities and one from each of the funding industries. A Chair and a vice-Chair will be selected from the Committee, one from industry and the other from the universities. The Program Co-ordinator will be an ex-officio member of the EAC.
The EAC will report to the Board with the EAC Chair attending Board meetings.
The EAC will advise the UNENE Board and, where empowered by the Board, carry out its educational program in the following areas.
- The format, content, scheduling, logistics, financing and delivery of the UNENE courses offered by the universities.
- The admission requirements, accreditation by the appropriate authorities, and the inter changeability of credits for the course-based programs (Diploma, M. Eng., modular M. Eng.) offered or to be offered by the universities under UNENE.
- The selection of students for course-based UNENE Scholarship programs.
- The use of existing industry materials, programs and educational facilities for UNENE courses.
- Where possible, promote and encourage the involvement of industry instructors in the UNENE courses.
- The relationship of existing industry and other (e.g. CNS) courses to the UNENE educational program with a view to establishing beneficial links.
- Liaison with the CANTEACH initiative in COG with a view to using the material produced in the UNENE courses.